Dates: January 8-13, 2018
Location: Da Nang (Vietnam). This is one of the liveliest cities in Vietnam, with good weather and beaches at that time of the year, close to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Imperial City of Hue, the Old Town of Hoi An, and the My Son ruins.
Venue: Saigon Tourane Hotel, 5 Dong Da Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City, Vietnam
Topic: The conference is dedicated to recent advances in Algebraic Geometry and Singularities, as suggested by the title.
Financial support: We cannot offer any financial support for attending this conference, with the exception of some support for Vietnamese participants. We would be happy however to help you with hotel reservations.
List of tentative speakers:
- Caucher Birkar (Cambridge University)
- Dang Tuan Hiep (Da Lat University / NCTS Taiwan)
- Do Viet Cuong (VNU)
- Tommaso de Fernex (Utah)
- Roi Docampo (Univ. of Oklahoma)
- Lawrence Ein (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Javier Fernandez de Bobadilla (BCAM)
- Ha Huy Vui (Hanoi Institute of Mathematics -VAST)
- Le Cong Trinh (Quy Nhon University)
- Yongqiang Liu (KU Leuven)
- François Loeser (Université Pierre et Marie Curie)
- Laurentiu Maxim (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Mircea Mustata (University of Michigan)
- Johannes Nicaise (Imperial College London / KU Leuven)
- Nguyen Huu Kien (Université de Lille 1)
- Nguyen Xuan Viet Nhan (Da Lat University / ICMC-USP)
- Mihnea Popa (Northwestern University)
- Giovanni Rosso (Cambridge University)
- Ta Le Loi (Da Lat University)
- Jean-Baptiste Teyssier (KU Leuven)
- Wim Veys (KU Leuven)
- Botong Wang (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Yimu Yin (Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou)
- Nero Budur (KU Leuven)
- Le Quy Thuong (VNU)
- Nguyen Hong Duc (BCAM)
- Pho Duc Tai (VNU)
FWO and NAFOSTED (Project Number: FWO.101.2015.02)
VNU University of Science
How to come to Da Nang:
The closest airport is Da Nang International Airport, just few kilometers from the city centre (5-10 minutes by taxi).
You may also come to Da Nang by train, but it takes much time (for instance, about 10 hours from Hanoi). The Da Nang main railway station is located in the city centre.