- Speaker: Dr. Pham Huy Tung, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Melbourne
- Time: 8:30, Friday, October 12, 2018
- Place: Data Science Laboratory, T5 Building, P.502, Hanoi University of Science, 334 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
- Abstract: We show that, in the functional data context, by appropriately exploiting the functional nature of the data, it is possible to cluster the observations asymptotically perfectly.
- Time: 9:00 - 10:30, Friday, September 21, 2018
- Place: P.504, T5 Building, Data Science Laboratory, Hanoi University of Science, 334 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
- Speaker: Dr.
On Saturday, August 4, 2018, Hanoi University of Science organized a workshop to kick-off the master program of data science, which is first introduced in Vietnam. The workshop attracted many representatives of IT companies and education institutions. The DSL of MIM-HUS was also officially introduced.
From 11 July to 13 July, 2018, Dr. Le-Hong Phuong, the head of DSL attended and gave a talk at the Data Analytics for Future Cities Research workshop, which was held by the VN-UK. The workshop is sponsored by Newton Fund.
This workshop focuses on researching novel methods, techniques and applications of data analytics in future cities research contributing to sustainable development of cities in the UK, Vietnam and other ASEAN countries. Four key themes identified include, but not limited to:
Jobs requiring a familiarity with Data Science & Analytics (DSA) are rising dramatically, resulting in a shortage of qualified employees. DSA-related jobs were at the top of those that employees in the Asia Pacific region are having the most difficulty filling.